Saturday, May 30, 2009

Quick but full time in Danville, VA

2 out of 3 kids at the wedding ------Geoff's teenage home in Virginia.



Geoff and his friends from Virginia, Congratulations Chris and Erica!


Poppi and Grandma Anderson's home in Virginia,
now an office. I love this house!


Lover's Leap, Virginia with my Lover!

Our morning drive though Virginia was beautiful with lush landscape and Lover’s Leap. The windy Danville Turnpike was an easy drive. Our first stop in town was Chick-fil-a one of Geoff’s favorite places to eat. After checking into our hotel we went for a swim and headed in just before a thunder storm. That night we met up with one of Geoff’s buddy’s for dinner then the kids and I turned in while Geoff headed out to a bonfire to see some other friends. Saturday morning in the hotel was the smoothest yet! We relaxed, painted nails, and ironed for the wedding. It could have been because we didn’t check out until 12:30pm but I’d like to think it has more to do with my time management skills! While driving through Chick-fil-a again (admittedly I really like it too!) the cashier notice the Cali. plate and in her slow southern drawl said “Oh, yur from California I bet things are faster there.” Later we got a laugh at what we should have replied with, “Yes they are, could you hurry up!” We headed over to see Geoff’s old house which is beautiful and tons of land. His basketball hoop was still there that he concreted himself. Grandma & Poppy’s brick mansion with white columns looked a lot different now being a commercial office building and with the back of the property now developed with apartments. It was great showing the kids family landmarks and for us too. We made it to Geoff’s friend’s wedding which had a really cool candy buffet at the reception. Geoff got some pictures with friends before we hit the road again. This evening we left Virginia, drove through North Carolina and South Carolina and just pulled into a Travelodge in Savannah, Georgia for the night. Now we just have to transfer the kids to their beds and hope this place has wifi to update the blog before turning in for the night. See you at our surprise location tomorrow and added pics to this blog! (Notice the direction we're headed...)



PS – My back has been bothering me for most of the trip and it is getting pretty painful to sit, if you can remember me in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Just figured out how to register so I can now comment! :O) Yay! So glad you guys had a good day today. Can't wait to hear what your surprise location is tomorrow! LOVE the pics you are posting. Can't believe how lush it is behind you...looks like a painting. How beautiful! I'll be praying for your back, kris! Hang in there! Keep taking lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy, when my back hurts while i'm driving, I roll up a hand towel for my lower back and sit on a pillow to lengthen my spine. See if that helps. Also, Alieve, but i'm not allowed these drugs while pregos! Can't wait to see pics of the old white house on Ceader (now Eagle)Lane!

    ReplyDelete