Sunday, May 3, 2009

18 days until launch...

Yes, we are taking our 3 precious preschoolers across the U.S. in our minivan. Some may think we're crazy but as we look forward to our two-week family trip the excitement is building. Right now the preparations are endless. Our TripTik along with numerous travel books from AAA has just arrived and we've been planning all the details for months. Geoff has definitely done his homework as we have lists, excel spreadsheets (gets this from dad!), and itineraries for each destination. Seems overwhelming, I know, but the valuable family time will be priceless! The memories will come from what was unplanned and I can't wait to take you through our journey across the U.S. Of course there will be trials with 3 children ages 5, 3, and 1 and you will definitely hear about those along with the unforgettable times and silly chatter that we will have as a family. We hope to send pictures and fill you in as we reach our destinations. Please be praying for our time together as we look forward to experiencing God's landscape across the country and bonding as a family.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Geoff & Kristy,
    I am so excited for you. This sounds way awesome. I look forward to the updates. Enjoy these moments :)
    love,
    tina oneal

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family and I took a two week trip across America when I was in the eight grade. We had six kids, two parents and a new vehicle called a Volkswagen Vanagan mini van! A trip our family hasn't ever forgotten! Enjoy this time with your family! I will be praying for a happy safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea and I agree, you are very brave! I'm keeping you all in my prayers for a very Spirit and fun filled safe journey! I can't wait to see the adventures you get yourselves into. God bless!

    ReplyDelete